Man Cave: A One-Man Sci-Fi Climate Change Tragicomedy
- “Man Cave has a solid scientific grounding but at the same time manages to be exceedingly funny in addressing an horrific but increasingly likely future.·It is both intellectually and emotionally compelling and worth watching more than once. I couldn’t recommend it more for high school and undergraduate students. It ought to be required watching for all US voters!”· –Peter B. Ortner, Research Prof/Director Emeritus
Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science
- “I’ve had great student feedback on it. It really stimulated interesting conversations in a number of our classes, and opened the students’ minds to communicating science through the arts. It was truly fantastic!” –Kiki Patsch, Environ Sci & Resource Mgt CSU-Channel Islands
- “Special, profound and absolutely hilarious… [A] spectacular discovery… beautifully constructed… the effect is brilliant… this play is absolute perfection… a kind of Twilight Zonesque prophetic cautionary tale… a wildly entertaining foreboding… I absolutely loved this show…” –Samantha Simmonds-Ronceros, Nohoartsdistrict.com
- “Al Gore replaced by William H. Macy with a lot more swagger and humor than the former vice president could ever manage…tenacious urgency…charismatic rage…even further to the left than any Green Party agenda you’ll find.”–Todd Stewart, Orlando Sentinel
- “Makes Inconvenient Truth viscerally real, helping us envision our own inevitable future with facts, logic, and a good yank on our emotions. We are left to ponder what we should be doing right now to feel more hopeful and less guilty ten years from now.” –Kate Hutchinson, HS English Teacher
About the Show
Man Cave, written and performed by Timothy Mooney finds the “last man on earth” (coincidentally named “Tim”) burrowed into what is essentially a Hobbit home, somewhere in Canada, broadcasting into a microphone for whomever might yet be out there listening. Realizing that perhaps there may not be anyone out there still listening, Tim faces the inability to have any impact on humanity itself, and turns his attention to warning whatever far corners of the universe may still be out there receiving radio waves. Along with a stirring rallying cry for saving the planet, Man Cave walks the line that drips with both irony and edgy gallows humor.
About the Book
The last man on Earth broadcasts final thoughts to whatever Klingons, Vulcans or Tralfamadorians might still be out there listening! Shakespeare and Moliere expert Timothy Mooney, turns an eye to a haunting and foreboding future with a rallying cry for the planet.
About the Author
Timothy Mooney has led tens of thousands of students and audiences to a profound hilarious understanding of some of the greatest minds of all time with hit one-man shows, Lot o’ Shakespeare, Breakneck Hamlet, Shakespeare’s Histories, Moliere than Thou, and The Greatest Speech of All Time!The author of seventeen rhymed renditions of Moliere’s plays, this time, Mooney turns an eye toward the future, examining a race careening towards its inevitable tragic end, with his own brand of theatrical mischief.